Our mission & vision
The commitment of Psychology Department is to the discovery of knowledge about mind, brain, and behaviour, and to sharing that knowledge with our students and our society. The department integrates undergraduate and graduates education, research, and service activities to advance the overall mission of the university.
We attempt to accomplish these goals through:
- Excellence in research: Advancing the science of human behaviour—both basic and applied—from clinical, cognitive, developmental, neurological, organizational, and social perspectives. To uphold an intellectual climate in the Department that will facilitate faculty and student scholarship and research that contributes to the knowledge and help to understand the current psychosocial and socioeconomic developmental issues.
- Excellence in teaching: Providing students with knowledge and skills about mind, brain, and behaviour through innovative and rigorous courses and rich experiential learning opportunities
- Excellence in graduate training: Producing the next generation of leaders in research, in teaching, and in the applications of psychology who prepared for beginning practice and bringing about qualitative changes in themselves as well as in the societies.
- Excellence in service: Sharing our knowledge and expertise, applying it to the improvement of mental wellbeing, and collaborating both locally and globally with researchers, our society, and policy makers.
- Produce human resources: To produce human resources (through our dynamic curriculum) who could meet the needs of the changing globalized society/world and fulfills the demand of current job market as well as could become the civic, rational, humanitarian, peaceful, harmonious, and liberal human beings and work for the enhancement of the professional standards of Psychological wellbeing in Bangladesh.